Are you in the motions of getting your roof replaced but aren’t sure how to prepare your home for construction? In this article, we will lay out a checklist for homeowners to follow to properly prepare for their roof replacement.
AAAA Contractors is a family-owned roofing business that caters to the needs of the people of El Paso. If you’re interested in a free estimate for a roof replacement, give our office a call at (915) 852-3104 or contact us online today!
Preparing Your El Paso Home
It can be exciting when you schedule a new roof replacement in El Paso. Your home will look brand new, and you will no longer have to worry about leaks or unwanted pests or rodents getting in through the cracks. Though this improvement may be exciting, it also means your property will become an active construction zone. We can guarantee that our expert installers will give you a hassle-free roof replacement; however, the better prepared you are, the easier the process will be. Read below for our list of tips to prepare your home for a roof replacement.
- Inform Your Neighbors- If your neighbors are in close vicinity of your home, it would be courteous to inform them of the construction. This could help them make their preparations.
- Secure the Windows- Because of the work being done, there might be heavy vibrations or even falling debris. To avoid scratching or cracking your windows, it would be best to board them up throughout the entire roof replacement.
- Point Out Accessible Outlets- The El Paso contractors will need to have access to power outlets. Any outlets that are outside or in the garage will be the most convenient.
- Remove Satellite Dishes and Antennas- Since you’re getting a roof replacement, you can’t have anything on the roof. Make sure you relocate your satellite dish and any antennas.
- Trim Your Trees and Grass- If you have a tree in your backyard whose branches hang over your roof, it would be helpful to get them trimmed so the contractors have better access to your roof for your roof replacement.
- Cover Items Stored in the Attic- Because of all the movement that’s happening on the roof, dirt and debris can fall on anything you have stored in your attic. Using a sheet or plastic tarp can protect your stored items.
- Move Any Outdoor Furniture- For better access for the installers and to also protect your belongings, make sure to move your patio furniture or other lawn items out of the way of the construction.
- Have a Plan for Your Pets and Kids- The loud noises and hazardous equipment can produce a stressful environment for young children and pets. It’s recommended to keep them occupied or take them somewhere away from the construction.
- Relocate Your Car- Leaving your garage accessible will help your roofer and can also protect your vehicle from debris. When we come by your home, we want to be able to place our tools and equipment right next to the house for easy access.
- Remove Your Wall Decorations- As mentioned previously, there will be heavy vibrations echoing through your home. If you have any breakable decorations on your walls, it would be best to remove them before the roof replacement.
Roof Replacement in El Paso
Here at AAAA Contractors, we specialize in all types of residential roofs. We are a licensed, bonded, and insured roofing company that can guarantee a quality roof replacement for your El Paso home. If you’re interested in our services, call (915) 852-3104 or contact us online to get a free estimate.